FLAVOUR MASALA FOR CHICKEN, LAMB / MUTTON, VEGETABLE SPICE FOR MAKING YOUR RICE TASTY
Bombay Style Pilaf
1kg Beef/Chicken/Mutton, cut into small cubes, with bones
750g Basmati Rice, washed and soaked for 30 minutes
300g Onion, finely sliced
300g Tomatoes, chopped
250g Potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 tbsp Ginger Paste
2tbsp Garlic Paste
200g Plain Yogurt, beaten
Balsara’s Special Bombay Biryani Mix
• Fry the onions in the oil until golden. Add the tomatoes and fry until the oil separates.
• Add the meat, garlic, ginger, potatoes, yogurt and Balsara’s Special Bombay Biryani Mix. Fry for 10 minutes. Add 1-2 cups water and cook on low heat until the meat is tender. Then increase the heat and stir fry until the oil separates from the sauce.
• Meanwhile cook the rice separately. Add 3 tbsp salt to 3litres hot water and the soaked rice. Boil until the rice is half cooked. Remove from the heat and thoroughly drain.
• Spread half the rice in a pot, pour over the cooked meat and sauce and top with the rest of the rice. Cover the pot and cook on a low heat until the rice is fully cooked and tender.
• Stir before serving with fresh salad and raita.
There are no reviews yet.