The Gits Range of Mixes and Ready Meals brings you traditional dishes from all corners of India, North, South, East and West. It’s the Indigenous Brand of choice.
Chick Pea Flour
Citric Acid (E330)
Sodium Bi-Carbonate (E500 (ii))
Sodium Acetate (E262)
1. Mix oil & water. 2. Pour Batter. 3. Steam. 4. Garnish.
1) Blend 2 tablespoon full (30ml/1 fl.oz) oil and 235ml (8 fl.oz) of water. Pour into Khaman Dhokla Mix gradually. Blend very gently with minimum stirring until batter is smooth.
2) Pour Batter into a baking tray greased with oil.
3) Steam on high flame for 15 mins. If pressure cooker is used do not apply weight/whistle. Remove and allow to cool for 5 min. & cut into 5cm cubes.
4) Heat 30ml (1 fl.oz) oil, add tsp. mustard seeds. When crackling starts add a pinch of asafoetida (hing) and 1tsp. sesame seeds then put off the gas. Spread evenly over Khaman Dhokla pancake. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of each fresh grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves. Serve with green chutney.