Chicken Handi Recipe
1 kg chicken, cubed
500g tomatoes, chopped
2 onions, sliced
100g yogurt, beaten
2tbsps green coriander, chopped
85g fresh cream
85g melted butter
1 packet Balsara’s Chicken Handi mix
• Mix the Balsara’s Chicken Handi spices and the yogurt together and marinate the chicken cubes for 30 minutes.
• Boil the tomatoes in 1-2 cups water for 10 minutes until soft. sive to remove the pips and skin and set aside.
• Boil the onions in 1/2 cup water and grind to a paste.
• Heat the ghee and stir fry the chicken for 5 minutes.
• Add the tomato and onion purees, cover and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes or until the ghee separates.
• Stir in the fresh cream and chopped coriander leaves. Then add the melted butter. Remove from heat.
Serve immediately with hot naan breads.